Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I just heard about this incredible cause and I felt had to share it.  So many of us, especially in the Western world, get caught up in how we're going to birth our babies.  Are they going to natural childbirths?  What is our birthing plan?  Who is going to help deliver the baby, and so on ...


I never stopped to think about the rest of the world.  

Every minute a women dies of complications related to pregnancy and childbirth. Ninety-nine percent of these deaths occur in developing nations. For every woman who dies in childbirth, another 30 women incur injuries and infections, which are often preventable.

I just heard about Bloggers For BirthKits ... and I'm going to do everything I can to spread the word about this amazing cause. Basically, this organization is supplying mothers in Papua New Guinea with simple birthing kits to help increase their chances of a happy and safe childbirth.

To learn more, please visit The Mommy Hood Memos.

This is a great cause ... and with Mother's Day just around the corner, I think we should all look in to this. I'm going to be making donations on behalf of all the mother's in my life.

Wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day!
Ro :)



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Adriel (The Mommyhood Memos) said...

Ro, thank you so much for your support and for your wonderful post! because of you and others we're now up to over 200 kits donated!! It's just so, so awesome. And that is only in three days. What an amazing effort. Thanks so much for joining in!! x

Ro Little said...

Thanks Adriel! It's a great cause and I'm so glad to help!! You're doing amazing work!
Happy Mother's Day!